Friday, March 4, 2011

My Jewell fish pair

Finally I found a perfect pair of Jewel fish ! It was just a stroke of luck. This pet shop has been a lucky place for me when I want to find Cichlid pairs. I had been searched for years to find a Jewel fish pair. It's is next to impossible to sex them and guessing never worked. Also they are one of the most aggressive fish so can't keep them in a community tank when its a cichlid tank. So every time I had to separate them and keep isolated from other fish. 6-7 months ago when I had visited this pet shop I noticed this Jewel fish pair in a separate tank. They were small one what interested me was the fact they don't fighting with each other. Jewel fish never tolerate another of their own in same tank specially they are the only fish in the tank except they are a pair. So I bought this Jewel fish couple right away. Since then they have been living in a outdoor tank and have had no problems. 

Jewel fish are one of my favorite Aquarium fish. I think they only second to Pearl Gourami fish with full colors. It's real unfortunate these beauties are one of the top aggressive fish among aquarium fish.



No comments:

Post a Comment