Saturday, August 25, 2012

Bought more fish Calico Gold fish Golden Severum Sanshoku Swordtails

I went shopping today ! The Discus breeder who I used to bought Discus from said he has some Golden Severum fry left if I need to buy and He has decided to stop breeding Golden Severum. He had even given away his breeding pairs already. So I thought go there and buy like a dozen pairs of Golden Severum fry.  They were not even inch long but he was offering me a pretty cheap price.
There were bunch of Calico Goldfish in that same tank with Golden Severum babies and same size too. There were no problems and seems Golden Severums mind their own business. So I asked the guy to add 3 pairs of Calico Goldfish too. I really shouldn't have but it was too irresistible. Now I have all of them in same tank and so far no problems at all. Everyone busy searching for food and eating. No time for anything else. I hope things will stay like this.
While returning home I decided to goto one of my favorite pet shops and check what they have. It's not a place which look great or place where you see quality fish everywhere. It's more like one of those used item shop. Where you would find interesting things. They always have fish which returned by their owners coz of various reasons. Sometimes they had given up the hobby or fish has become too big or too aggressive. This is the place I found my adult Golden Severum pair. Even today the shop had beautiful Golden Severum pair which was even bigger than mine. I was told they were already sold. But something else had taken my attention. They has interesting type of Swordtails. Koi Swordtail strain called  Sanshoku Swordtails. These guys are really beautiful ! I bought 2 pairs. both females have crooked tail fins but still I bought them. This is the first time I had seen them in real. So now everyone in one of my glass aquariums and I'm bit worried about one thing which is the relationship between these Koi Swordtails and Calico Goldfish seem not started very well. There is a one Swordtails which shows random aggressiveness toward Calicos.

No comments:

Post a Comment